In the 2004 Philippine Lasallian Convocation, the Philippine Lasallian Family agreed to step up efforts towards ensuring equitable access to Lasallian education. The De La Salle Schools were mandated to explore and implement initiatives that would allow needy current and prospective students to continue or pursue the holistic and quality education offered by Lasallian educational institutions.
In line with the Convocation resolution, and an earlier Ministry Action Plan for the Lasallian Family Synod of 1999 to expand the access to Lasallian education, De La Salle Santiago Zobel (DLSZ) offers a number of student scholarship grants for students from the lower grades (incoming Grades 1 and 7) and those in high school.
In this regard, DLSZ has formulated an expanded Scholarship and Financial Assistance Program (SFAP) with the following objectives:
- To provide financial assistance to academically competent but financially challenged students and applicants
- To provide incentives to those who show excellence in academics, the performing arts, leadership/community service, and sports.
The DLSZ Scholarship and Financial Assistance Program offers the following grants:
- All scholarship grants are renewable every year.
- The Br. Andrew Scholarship grantees need not apply but have to submit the necessary documents for reference.
- Applicants to the Debbie Decena Memorial Scholarship should email the Debbie Decena Memorial Foundation President, Mr. Dennis Decena, atÂ firstname.lastname@example.org
- BPSP grantees may also apply in any scholarship except the Br. V. Felix MassonFSC Financial Scholarship. Only one (1) Student Financial Assistance is granted per family.