The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) through the Office of Civil Defense (OCD) launches this year’s observance of the National Disaster Consciousness Month (NDCM) with the theme “Kamalayan sa Kahandaan, Katumbas ay Kaligtasan”.
Executive Order 137 s. 1999 declares the month of July of every year as NDCM which aims to increase the awareness of every Filipino on natural and man-made disasters for a better appreciation of the government’s disaster preparedness programs.
In line with this government initiative, DLSZ has several announcements/activities:
1. The Disaster Risk Reduction and Management (DRRM) Seminar will be held on Saturday, July 15, 2017 at the Sylvia P. Lina Theater of the CPA with the following schedule:.
For Pre-School to Junior High School (PK to G10) – 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.
For Senior High School (G11 to G12)- 2:00 to 6:00 pm.
The DRRM Seminar is especially for the new Lasallian parents and guardians, and for those who were not able to attend a session in the past. Up to four members per family may attend.
- Have a small flashlight and whistle attached to your child’s ID lace.
- Kindly accomplish the big and small HELP IDs. These were included in the kit that was distributed during the DRRM Seminar. In case of loss, kindly inform your advisers. The big HELP ID must be submitted to the class adviser on or before July 31, 2017. The small HELP ID must be inserted at the back of the school ID.
- The Parents Association will take charge of providing crackers, bottled water and face masks for all students. These will all be stored inside the classrooms.
- The school has provided each classroom with an Emergency Bag that contains the class list, rechargeable flashlight, common medicines and other First Aid materials.
3. The Safety and Security Office will conduct the DRRM Seminar to students from Upper Grades to Senior High School.
4. DLSZ will take part in the Metro Manila Shake Drill.