The Office was established by DLS Zobel to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, internal rules, policies and procedures with the main purpose of furthering DLS Zobel’s mission and strategic plan by proactively partnering with various stakeholders in promoting stewardship, accountability, integrity, efficiency and compliance.
The Compliance Office, in the performance of its functions, shall:
- Establish and maintain an effective compliance program that integrates and coordinates all significant requirements necessary for compliance with law, regulation, or other binding rule or agreement.
- Ensure that administrative and operating units have written internal policies, procedures and guidelines in place that are necessary for compliance with internal controls, external laws and regulations, and all agreements entered into by De La Salle Zobel.
- Monitor and identify both compliance and non-compliance with internal policies, procedures and guidelines, external party laws and regulations, and all agreements entered into by De La Salle Zobel.
- Make commendations for compliance and recommend corrective courses of action in case of non-compliance.
- Assess the effectiveness of internal policies, procedures and guidelines and make necessary recommendations for improvements.
- Liaise with relevant external bodies and regulators on compliance matters.
- Coordinate with appropriate offices to ensure that compliance-related training programs for various stakeholders are conducted.
- Provide a feedback mechanism on compliance issues.
The Compliance Office shall maintain its independence by being free from any operational and management functions.
Code of Conduct
In the performance of their duties, compliance personnel shall maintain professionalism, integrity and objectivity.
In carrying out its responsibilities, the Compliance Office has full access to properties, records, data and other necessary information.
The Compliance Office shall report directly to the President of De La Salle Zobel.
Further, the Compliance Office may be required to report to the Board of Trustees on a periodic basis.
Relationship with Internal Audit
The Compliance Office’s function is separate and distinct from Internal Audit Office’s function. However, Compliance Office may coordinate with Internal Audit regarding compliance issues.
Relationship with External Audit
The Compliance Office liaises with the external auditors on compliance matters.